Sunday, 5 January 2014

Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid to Matte Lip Stain - Review, Photos, Swatches


Lime Crime is a brand which I don't have much experience with, yet the re-occurring posts among bloggers had my one ear on stand by. This is my first ever Lime Crime purchase and it won't definitely be my last! I first came across the Velvetine range from Lime Crime on MakeupbyCherylH's vlog where she was wearing Lime Crime Velvetine in Pink Velvet - omg she looked amazing. I managed to track it down in the UK on eBay, took the plunge and ordered Pink Velvet and Red Velvet.

However while Pink Velvet is ahhhmazingggg it didn't have the wow factor on me as much as Red Velvet did! I have found another perfect matte red! It's just beautiful - a true blue based red that has insane pigmentation. 


The Colour - is a bright blue based almost ruby red. Red Velvet in particular is richly pigmented and very very bright. It has a lacquer consistency which is thicker than liquid, it's not at all like a lip gloss but does feel quite wet when applied. After about a minute it dries up and has the semi-matte finish. As more time passes it becomes completely dry and fully matte. Pink Velvet is a magenta pink and has the same amount of consistency, pigmentation and texture.

The Wear and Staying Power - is brilliant! It stayed in place for hours on end, I got about 5/6 hours and by this time I was eating it was still there, just slightly faded. I used a lip liner and applied it quite carefully so didn't experience any bleeding either. It has a doe foot applicator like a gloss. I believe it would stay longer than the hours wear I got from it if I didn't have a meal, so the staying power is great. My lips did not feel dry when using this product, but if you suffer from dry lips I would recommend a balm before applying.

The Scent - is not my favorite part of this product. I don't really mind but if someone asked me I would describe it as 'strawberries and cream' but ones that are going 'off' because it turns into a plastic smell. There is no scent lingering once the product has been applied, I don't remember licking my lips the time I had applied the Velvetine but I don't think there was a flavour to it either. 

The Packaging and Price - Packaging is a simple frosted clear tube with a metallic lid. Looks like a regular lipgloss, stain or lacquer. There is 2.6ml of product in each tube. Priced at $20.00 direct from Lime Crime, unfortunately in the UK on eBay I got mine for £23.99 - so it is pricey and varies. However I don't regret it as it's such a beauty on my lips.



Above 'Red Velvet'
Below 'Pink Velvet'


Lime Crime Velvetine Lip Stain has become my most favorite matte red lip product to date and I love that it's touch-proof and long wearing! The colour is so beautiful and rich looking, for me this is a very classy red. I have received so many compliments when I wore this - it made my day! A repurchase is a must for me!


What do you guys think? If you have any other Lime Crime recommendations please do share!

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a really bright pink color there! :D

    Btw, I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting these for so long now but never seen a review of them! I know they look stunning in every picture I've ever seen! Looks amazing on you!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete