Saturday, 19 January 2013

Moroccanoil® Treatment Review


"Moroccanoil® Treatment’s versatile, nourishing and residue-free formula can be used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool. It blends perfectly with other products and even speeds up drying time. This treatment for hair completely transforms and repairs as its formula transports lost proteins for strength; fatty acids, omega-3 oils and vitamins for shine; and antioxidants for protection. It absorbs instantly to fill gaps in hair created by heat, styling and environmental damage."

Moroccanoil Treatment has caused quite the stir within the hair dressing industry, beauty world and blogger-sphere  I for one found it through my hair dresser, bought a bottle only because he used it on my hair and it smelt nice and once I mastered his application technique I totally fell in love!




It's got an average rating of 4.3 on Makeupalley.com with 81% willing to buy again. It's also been voted winner for the best leave in treatment by Cosmopolitans beauty awards and is a;so InStyle's best beauty buys 2012 winner. To top this all off I've literally seen it around so many hair salon shelves slowly taking over and replacing plenty of other treatments!

I loved it the second my hair dresser used it on me. Before blow drying my hair he used the tiniest amount on my wet hair, by far that was the smoothest blow dry I have had and the hair brush glided through so easily and gently. Once my blow dry was finished he applied a minuscule amount to finish my hair and set it with the Moroccanoil® Hair Spray. I had soft, fluffy locks of hair that had body, shine and health to it.

I even get to achieve this effect at home now with my hair and I definitely rate it down to this hair oil. It smells lovely and hair really does become so soft to touch! 

Directions for use:
Apply a small amount to clean, towel-dried hair, from mid-length to ends. Blow-dry or let dry naturally. Moroccanoil® Treatment can be applied to dry hair to tame fly-aways or condition dry ends.

  • Styling and finishing: After shampooing and conditioning, start with a small amount in the palm of your hand and work it through damp hair. Style as usual.
  • Protection: To control frizz and protect hair from environmental factors, apply a small amount (few drops) to dry hair as often as needed.
  • Moroccanoil Oil Treatment revives, hydrates, and most importantly, detangles hair, wigs and hair extensions.
  • Moroccanoil Oil Treatment is stored in an amber glass bottle to protect the oil from ultra-violet rays that cause oxidation and degradation.

The great thing is you can use this treatment with all the other Moroccanoil® treatments as they compliment each other very well. In particular I really liked the Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray. My hair dresser has used the shampoos and conditioners in the salon on me, I haven't bought them myself yet but I did love the products when they were used - shampoo in particular was lovely! And I'm looking forward to purchasing the rest too!

Generally my hair is in great condition and I've never needed any extra treatments, this product works great as a pick me up once every two weeks, for special nights out or events when I want my hair to look extra glam and special. This oil not only protects it from all the styling but the softness it gives to my hair makes it look and feel so beautiful. My hair has become extra smooth and luscious looking and I believe that through this very cold and harsh winter my hairs maintained smoothness and beauty due to the use of the Moroccanoil® Treatment.

I've been using this treatment since the end of September and I really recommend Moroccanoil® Treatment if your in the market for a effective hair treatment oil, I even recommend everything else from the range if your up for spending some money on quality products. If your after something more affordable to use along with this treatment oil I recommend the Organix Moroccan Oil Range which I reviewed here.

Dyno x

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this yet, but I really have to.. :)
    Thank u for the review!
    xx

    walkingthroughthecitystreets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok you welcome, it's really lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Tried it&i love it. Fab review as always hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I always thought that it might make my hair oily, but after reading this I think it's worth a try. I use to use Paul Mitchell Super skinny serum, but I felt that weighed my hair down too much and made it oily faster.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mavi, I really recommend using the smallest amount with this oil and concentrating just on the ends. That way it won't feel heavy or oily. Although I do use it all over my whole head for a full treatment and then just wash it out. xx

      Delete